Special: Dostana

Harish Iyer is glad he saw Dostana not surprising as the film helped Harish open up about his sexuality to his 13-year-old sister.

"I took my sister for the film and at the end of the film I told her that I was gay. For a moment there was complete silence and then she asked me are you gay like Abhishek or John?," said Harish Iyer, Event Manager.

Unlike many others who saw this laugh riot, Dostana left Shobha Joshi feeling emotional. She identified completely with Kirron Kher's character in the film who plays Abhishek Bachchan's mother.

Shobha's gay son has found his partner in the United States. "I was very happy when my son found his life partner. In fact I am very attached to him now. I feel like my family is complete now," said Shobha Joshi, housewife.

With constant feedback of how many people have been touched by the film director Tarun Mansukhani feels overwhelmed.

"It's so overwhelming when you hear so many stories. I'm so happy that I went ahead with this script," said Tarun Mansukhani, Director.

Harish Iyer, Shobha Joshi are not just the two lives that have been touched by the film. As Dostana continues to bring in the crowds, the filmmakers hope it encourages more acceptance and openness with a little laughter along the way.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SANKAT CITY may not boast of stars to lure the audiences,

Seems like a reality show